Busy Lubbock pediatric office is seeking an experienced receptionist to join our team. The receptionist should be able to facilitate patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff. Receptionist will respond to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner. Additionally, receptionists must protect patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured.Must have excellent customer service skills, great communication skills, able to multi task and be willing to work as part of a team. This is a full-time, benefited position (Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm). West Texas Pediatrics, LLP is an independent pediatric group practice with four full-time physicians.
Please only submit your application and/or resume through Indeed.com.
- Serves patients by greeting and helping them with paperwork.
- Patient check-in and check-out.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Screen phone calls and answer patient questions.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Patient insurance verification.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Receive patient payments/co-pays and post to patient accounts.
- Data Entry
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related clerical work as needed.
- Clerical experience with data entry is required.
- 1-2 years of medical office experience is highly preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- General office procedure experience required.
- Superior customer service skills and computer knowledge required.
- Prior medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Knowledge of HIPPA laws a plus.
- Prior knowledge of EMR software is a plus.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options.
- Supplemental insurance options.
- Paid holidays
- Bi-weekly payroll
- No Weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)