To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets Elmcroft Standards established for the Dining Services department.
- Reads, understands, and complies with State Regulations established for Food Service departments.
- Prepares food according to the menu for the day, so that residents will receive the meals they are expecting, and they will be well-balanced and healthy for the residents.
- Ensures all meals are prepared following recipes and guidelines established by the Dining Services Director.
- Follows all requests for special diets in order to assure good resident health.
- Tastes, smells, and observes food to ensure conformance with recipes and appearance standards. Measures satisfaction levels among residents by walk-thru and conversations with residents on meal satisfaction.
- Places food servings on plates using standard measuring ladles, scoops, spoons, etc. in order to assure residents are getting sufficient portions. Makes sure plates are attractively presented by using appropriate placement and garnishes as necessary.
- Hot foods are at 140-160 degrees when served and cold foods at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit when served.
- Meals are served on time according to the established and posted meal times for the community, every time.
- Provides residents "seconds" as needed to satiate their appetites.
- Is not wasteful of food during the food preparation time. Saves all usable leftovers to be used with another meal.
- Prepares snacks for residents according to snack schedule and menu in order to assure residents are getting adequate nutrition and hydration.
- Properly cleans all equipment and work areas, including walls and floors, in order to provide a sanitary kitchen environment.
- Assures all open food in refrigerators and freezers are covered and dated and that outdated food is discarded promptly.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the food service operation in the absence of the Dining Services Director.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes according to foodservice standards. Prepares sanitation sink according to directions and monitors and documents sanitizing solution levels. Assures dish wash water is at least 150-160 degrees before beginning to wash dishes. Assures rinse water is at least 180 degrees.
- Operates the dishwashing process in an organized fashion. Scrapes and stacks dirty dishes in preparation for cleaning. After food is served, keeps dirty dishes running through the dish machine until all dishes are clean and ready for the next meal.
- Assures all freezers are maintained at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or below and refrigerators are maintained at 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit daily and the temperatures are documented.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets, and other protective clothing as necessary.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness or our resident.
Note-This position will work first and/or second shift and rotating weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: