Lumber Liquidators…A GREAT place to work! With more than 400 locations, Lumber Liquidators is North America’s largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices. Lumber Liquidators offers excellent career growth opportunities. We offer competitive pay rates and an outstanding benefits package which includes a low premium medical plan, paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer match that is immediately vested, and a casual work environment.
This position is responsible for the assessment of training needs to improve individual and group performance and the development of training plans and content for corporate and field onboarding and training programs. Individuals in this role act as an ambassador of training and development within the Company, providing solutions and promoting new approaches to learning and development as appropriate. Candidates for this position must possess experience with developing eLearning, ILT, VLT courses and training solutions through audio, video, interactions, simulations and gaming technologies.
Director, Training & OD
Number of People Supervised:
This position will be based in our Toano, VA corporate office with some travel required to our satellite office in Richmond 1-2 days per week (as needed).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Participates in the design and development of learning experiences; instruction strategies for new and existing training programs.
- Effective administration, coordination and presentation of training and development programs.
- Identification and proposal of learning and development solutions to set and meet performance standards; including content, delivery methods, timeline, and required resources for implementation.
- Maintains training content, coordinating and completing updates, revisions, and corrects errors as noted in collaboration with SMEs.
- Deliver and facilitate learning and development solutions, using a variety of traditional and electronic methods, including classroom training, virtual classes, eLearning training, blended learning, and social media technologies, in individual, small, and large group settings.
- Provide training to field and corporate team members and act as a trusted, credible, internal consultant to support organizational performance and development.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills, including Advanced Excel, Keynote, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Cloud Software, and Adobe Captivate 9.
- Experience as Administer for Learning Management Systems required.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and effective instructional design and facilitation required.
- Ability to develop and write training content.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- High degree of planning, organizational, and implementation skills.
- Ability to supervise and maintain a classroom work environment of 20+ learners.
- Demonstrated track record for establishing trust, credibility, and influence across all organizational levels, including senior leadership.
- Results oriented; capable of functioning effectively at both strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment in a growing organization.
- Equally effective working in a collaborative team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Occasional travel needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Education, Psychology, Human Resources, or Communication preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in retail training and sales skill development, with documented success in building training programs for customer facing departments.
- Store Retail Management and Human Resources Management experience is a plus.