Location: Sorensen Chapel FD126, Hayward, CA
The Administrative Assistant/Family Service Director (Admin/FSD) is the face and voice of Sorensen , Chapel in Hayward, often the very first person that a family member will see or talk with. This individual is responsible for making a good first impression when greeting walk-ins or answering inbound calls.
The Admin/FSD is a multitasking position and an important resource for making things happen and making things run smoothly. The Admin/FSD will have a strong working knowledge of the funeral center operations, processes, and procedures. This person will be working 3 Saturdays a month with a day off during the week.
Working alongside the Location Manager, this position has growth potential to become certified as a Funeral Director (Family Service Director) serving families with care and compassion, educating them through the process of making informed decisions for at-need funeral products and services.
In addition to an excellent compensation program, including competitive hourly rate, vacation, health and retirement benefits, there is an opportunity to earn commissions on pre-need sales.
The Admin/FSD, reporting to the Location Manager, interacts with internal departments and location staff, individuals and families, Preparation Room staff, and many other internal/external personnel and service providers.
Education & Experience
High School diploma/GED, some college preferred, and/or 2-4 years of experience in an office environment, performing administrative and clerical duties, receiving multiple inbound calls, and having direct contact with the public. Experience with event planning is desirable.
· Must be professionally dressed at all times
· Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
· Understanding the Order of Christian Funerals
· Strong customer service skills requiring direct contact with the public both on the telephone and face-to-face
· Knowledge of administrative, clerical procedures, and office systems; proficient in the use of computers and MS Office
· Able to work some overtime and evenings
· Able to work independently without supervision
· Able to multi-task (i.e., perform administrative tasks, answer phones, receive visitors, order supplies, provide general information to the public, scheduling)
· Acts in a courteous, professional, and customer-focused manner
· Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
· Ability to lift or move objects weighing between 50-75 lbs.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, conversational Spanish a plus
About the Employer:
CFCS is a charitable organization founded in faith and is an open source provider of information for end of life services–funeral, cremation, and cemetery.
Employment will go to those individuals whose knowledge, skills, and experience most closely qualifies them for the position offered without regard to race, color, sex, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- performing administrative and clerical duties in an office: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- California driver's (Required)