Hellmann Worldwide Logistics is looking for experienced Strategic Account Manager to join our Carson, CA team. Hellmann is a leading global logistics company focused on providing quality freight service and innovative logistics solutions.
About Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
Since 1871 Hellmann has been a leader in full-service logistics around the globe. Four generations later, Hellmann is still a family owned company with deep-seated F.A.M.I.L.Y. values that drive our corporate philosophy and stands as the highest maxim of our entrepreneurial spirit. Our guiding principle of sustainability based on the three pillars of economy, ecology and social matters plays a central role in how we lead and take responsibility for our employees, customers, partners and the environment. At Hellmann, bigger is not better, Better is Better.
Why work at Hellmann
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- Outstanding earnings potential - salary + commission
- Industry leading and affordable benefits package
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Great culture with strong family values and a collaborative work environment
- Direct access to senior leadership
The Strategic Account Manager is a commercial position and has the responsibility of expanding his/her assigned customers’ Gross Profit and volume contribution while ensuring operational excellence, service level performance and customer satisfaction. It is the task of the Strategic Account Manager to create value and a win-win situation for both the customer as well as Hellmann. This individual will work closely with the global Hellmann network and the customer along with colleagues within the Implementation, Pricing, Operations and Customer Service teams.
- In-depth business process and supply chain analysis to identify weak points and opportunities for improvements
- Continuously work to identify and close additional business opportunities for Hellmann. Communicate and align all new business opportunities for the assigned customers with Commercial Management
- Setup customer within the different Hellmann IT systems to ensure operational handling and visibility (track & trace) in cooperation with the Customer Implementation & Business Process teams
- Establish operational SOPs for all Products (Air, Ocean, Domestic, and Contract Logistics) and monitor compliance
- Ensure that all customer related reports are provided timely which may include working with IT and Quality to develop new reports as needed and that the correct information as required by the customer is captured
- Forecast revenue and volume developments for the managed customer portfolio
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions where necessary
- Responsible for Gross Profit growth and enhancement for the assigned customer portfolio according to the current year’s target plan
- Schedule and manage regular business review meetings with the customer, developing Power Point presentations and leading the implementation of any required changes or improvements
- Assist Pricing Teams and/or Commercial Lead with RFQs Manage the assigned accounts receivables and DSO on an ongoing basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum seven years overall freight forwarding experience with a focus on account management and Operations
- 2 to 4 years customer facing or key account management experience preferred
- Aptitude for sales and experience managing customer expectations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Financial acumen to drive account management strategy
- Results-oriented – drives strategy and execution
- Leadership – demonstrates professionalism
This description outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties or requirements. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. Hellmann is an equal opportunity employer. Hellmann does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other characteristic protected by law.