St. Mary's Medical Center is the largest medical facility in Huntington, Cabell County's largest private employer (2600+ employees) and, at 393 beds, is among the largest healthcare facilities in West Virginia.
St. Mary's Centers of Excellence in cardiac care, cancer treatment, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, and orthopedics feature the exceptional technology and medical expertise that make St. Mary's Medical Center the region's medical leader. Advanced medical care delivered with compassion is the hallmark of St. Mary's reputation.
The Open Heart Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse duties are as follows:
- RN is responsible for the daily planning, coordination, and monitoring of care with the nursing staff and other health care professional caring for the patient.
- RN is accountable for assuring effective use of available resources, maintaining established standards of care and meeting outcomes within an appropriate length of stay.
- RN ensures that variations based on patients' individual needs are justified and well documented.
- RN assists with the management needs of Open Heart ICU
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing
- Licensed as required by the West Virginia State Board of Nursing
- BLS required
- Critical Care experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of current nursing procedures
Rewards and Benefits
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Paid days off and holiday pay
- Accrued vacation and sick leave
- 403B retirement plan with no matching contribution required
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (Required)