The Registered Nurse provides patient care as part of a multi-disciplinary team based on national standards, and utilizing the nursing process. RNs are responsible and accountable for the delivery of skilled professional patient care that is delivered based on recognized national standards of practice, BRRH policy and procedures, the Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses and applicable laws and regulations.
Position Expectations & Responsibilities:
Department Specific Application Skills:
- Registered Nurses must participate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care and to complete all physician orders, administer medications, treatments, tests and other patient needs in a timely manner and communicate effectively with all members of the patient care team.
- RNs are expected to be competent in the appropriate use and functioning of equipment in the area of clinical practice and department requirements.
- Participate in the department/hospital performance improvement program by conducting and monitoring patient care activities, preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports, proposing alternatives when problems are identified, evaluating the plan of care and following through on steps to problem resolution.
- The Registered Nurse will delegate to and direct the care provided to the patient by the LPN, PCA and HUC appropriately and within the Nurse Practice Act and other regulating bodies.
- Expected to attend and participate in at least 50% of department staff meetings as well as participate in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
- RNs will demonstrate leadership skills through appropriate decision making, delegation and supervision of duties, and functioning as a preceptor/resource to new staff, students and LPN/PCA staff.
- Expected to follow standard precautions and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
Expected to have the ability to deliver care to the patient throughout the antepartum, postpartum and newborn periods.
- Current Florida license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification by the American Heart Association
- ACLS certification by the American Heart Association
- NRP certification for Mother/Baby department
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience required in the maternal child setting
- 80% or higher score on medication test
- Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
- The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
- In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.