Full Job Description
1140 3rd St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA Req #4143
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Align your passion and purpose at Goodwill!
Goodwill offers careers in a variety of exciting and interesting fields throughout the greater Washington, DC region. Working at Goodwill offers competitive wages, a sustainable career path, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace culture, and makes a lasting and positive impact on our community. It takes Goodwill to do great things. Join our team.
Primary point of contact and facilitator of internal and external communications initiatives and platforms that keep associates informed about matters that impact their jobs, workplace, recognition, and mission, while assisting in the new associate recruitment process. This includes major emphasis on social media as well as traditional and digital methods of internal communication. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage regularly scheduled meetings with the People and Culture team and other Goodwill teams to identify immediate and developing needs that may require marketing support. Needs may include assistance with the promotion of initiatives such as Hiring Events and Job Openings.
2. Lead efforts to ensure appropriate marketing support is provided to the People and Culture Team and other Goodwill divisions and information from the People and Culture team and other Goodwill divisions is appropriately communicated to fulfill marketing needs.
3. Serve as internal communications liaison, coordinating and communicating Marketing needs from all Goodwill departments to the Marketing team.
4. Project manage Marketing team assignments from all departments by utilizing the Basecamp platform. This will include timeline monitoring and management, detail coordination, and information management.
5. Execute recruitment marketing campaigns under the guidance and direction of the Chief Marketing Officer with input from the Chief People and Culture Officer and Senior Manager of Communications & Community Engagement. These campaigns may be multi-channel in design to include terrestrial broadcast, paid search/SEO, social media, email or other digital platforms.
6. Develop content for recruitment collateral and other print and digital People and Culture team material. Content may include copy, imagery and simple design assets that adhere to GGW brand guidelines.
7. Develop and manage associate retention and recognition communications campaigns and programs to help ensure associates are satisfied in their job, appreciated for their work, have their voices heard, understand how Goodwill is living up to its core values and DEI philosophy, and keeping associates informed of all that GGW is doing internally and externally that changes lives through:
a. Content management of intranet/SharePoint content in partnership with IT, development, and recruitment.
b. Management of a private GGW associate Facebook group page.
c. Working with the People and Culture team and other departments to gather information to include in print, digital newsletters, and digital blogs.
d. Play a key role in the development of the annual RISE event.
e. Distribution of internal literature and/or signage to stores and contract sites in support of internal communications initiatives.
f. Work closely with the People and Culture team on the implementation of employee rewards and recognition programs.
g. Develop new communications channels to create redundancy in our internal communications efforts.
8. Assist Senior Manager of Communications with capturing details/info from associates for social media and website spotlights including:
a. Spending time in the field meeting with store/contract site managers and regional directors to get a pulse of what’s happening in our stores and contract sites worth sharing or addressing
b. Working with retail team to identify associates for social media, website and video campaign spotlights
c. Tracking team member anniversaries for potential social media celebration
d. Tracking store RISE winners for social spotlights
e. Assisting with Gazette/Newsletter employee profiles
f. Distributing associate spotlight information to Development team for their initiatives and fundraising efforts
g. Organizing weekly scheduled meetings with Senior Manager of Communications and Community Engagement to review initiatives and track progress.
9. Manage communications campaigns and initiatives designed to improve associate morale through sharing of associate thoughts, images, and recognition.
a. Identify associates in stores, contract sites and administrative roles who can be advocates for Goodwill online and offline. Help us build Goodwill by empowering associates to engage and share Goodwill social media content.
b. Work closely with the People and Culture team on the development and implementation of a broad associates reward and recognition program.
c. Develop and support in-store associate events and manage tasks such as procuring event supplies, distributing event promotion materials to Goodwill sites, and managing food and beverage logistics.
d. Help develop and manage associate intranet pages.
e. Assist with developing associate email blasts.
Other duties and responsibilities:
1. Participate on cross functional teams
2. Assist other marketing team members with design, messaging or campaign needs as required
3. Frequent travel to complete tasks outlined within this Job Description. Applicant should have access to reliable transportation. GGW Marketing van access will be provided if necessary. Van must be kept at GGW premises unless otherwise discussed.
4. All tasks will be a blend of in-person and virtual responsibilities
5. The following platforms will be utilized as a part of this role:
a. Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams
b. Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
c. Project Management: Basecamp, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive
d. Video Conferencing Tools: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. 4 year college degree in communications, marketing, public relations, human resources, or related fields
2. Minimum one-year office communications, human resources or administrative experience through paid non-internship work.
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Strong knowledge of social media tactics and strategy
5. Knowledge of digital marketing
6. Strong writing skills
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Strong interpersonal skills
9. Event management experience
10. Creative thinker
11. Basic graphic design skills
12. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint and Teams
13. Basic video editing skills
14. The ability to gather, prioritize and disseminate information for easy consumption
15. An appreciate for Goodwill’s mission to transform lives and communities through the power of education and employment
16. A desire to have a positive impact on the lives of others through work
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GOODWILL OF GREATER WASHINGTON IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Pay Type Salary