Fulfillment Center Manager with a proven track record of leading a successful Order Fulfillment team through coaching, mentoring and continuous improvement. This high impact role is based out of Wanderer’s North Salt Lake, UT Fulfillment Center and will require exceptional project management, organizational, strong communication skills and recognized knowledge on relevant subject matter.
This role reports to the Operations Director, but is responsible for working with and providing information to peers in Marketing, Design, Communications, Sales, Fulfillment, Procurement, Logistics and Accounting from product inception through market readiness.
Full Time, Salaried Position - 7:30-4:30pm MST Daily. Weekends & Evenings as necessary in Peak Season
In addition to submitting your resume, please go the following link and please complete this 5 minutes Survey - https://www.cultureindex.com/c/A61979
- Manage and Lead a team of up to 35 people to deliver a world-class experience for Wanderer customers
- Ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of orders
- Meeting, Tracking, and Reporting KPIs. Innovate with a results-oriented mindset to deliver on key objectives in Inventory and Order Management. Capture and review data to make decisions and recommendations
- Work closely with our Operations Director and peers to ensure we are taking care of our people and providing a safe and fun environment
- Recruit, interview, and onboard passionate people and develop a strong talent pipeline to meet fulfillment labor needs including employees and contract workers.
- Proactively manage the performance of hourly order fulfillment team employees, team leads, and assistant managers. Perform performance reviews and make recommendation for increases and any improvements required
- Build labor forecasts and work schedules that are aligned with company strategy and meet customer/seasonal demand
- Coordinate and collaborate on a daily basis with other team members including HR, Wholesale, Customer Support, Retail, Marketing, Product Development, and E-Commerce. Weekly / Monthly meetings to maintain communication.
- Ensure all orders are customized, picked, and packed properly to avoid damage during shipment and ensure product quality.
- Solve customer problems, which may be complex, elevated by order fulfillment team members and manage exception processing
- Challenge existing processes and industry “best” practices to discover “right” solutions. Ensure standard work is developed, documented, adhered to, reviewed, and revised as appropriate for all departmental activity.
- Drive continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the warehouse
- Manage product inventory levels and work internally with Supply Chain to support online order fulfillment requirements. Timely and accurate report and flow of inventory. Limit inventory risks for loss / shrinkage through fulfillment
- Ensure equipment including laser engravers, printers, and forklifts are maintained properly
- Maintain a clean, safe, organized, and productive work environment and facility while focusing on minimizing work related injuries and losses, complying with OSHA guidelines, and company directives.
- Support green initiatives through social responsibility such as recycling and community volunteering days
- Coordinate and participate in employee activities
- Experience with E-Commerce Platforms. Familiarity with Shopify is preferred, or a similar platform such as Magento, Woo Commerce
- Experience with WMS / Inventory Management software such as Shipstation, Shipworks, Stitch Labs, TradeGecko, Magento
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing management; Warehouse Distribution background highly desired. Demonstrated industry experience in shipping & receiving, and inventory controls.
- Understanding of E-commerce fulfillment process and how to achieve cost effective business solutions while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in business or engineering
- Formal Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma training a plus
- OSHA / Safety Requirements for manufacturing a plus
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
- Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email/MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Analytical, data interpretation, planning and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and effectively manage execution of new initiatives.
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with diverse staff and constituencies
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Previous forklift certification a plus
Please select the link below to take a short required survey:
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly