NOTE: This position typically works 45-50+ hours per week.
The Human Resources Recruiter (HRR) is responsible for enhancing Feeding South Florida’s (FSF) talent pool by recruiting qualified candidates and helping retain team members by supporting a high-performance culture focused on service and accountability. The HRR liaises between FSF’s PEO and FSF’s team members. The ideal candidate uis committed to process improvement and isn’t afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to file, enter data, and do what’s necessary to get the job done. FSF’s HRR should have a strong moral compass and understand that discretion is of paramount importance to this role.
- INCREDIBLY STRONG WORK ETHIC
- Ensure ongoing excellence in Human Resources and customer service
- Demonstrate quality of administration, communication, and process; recommend timelines and resources to achieve goals
- Attract, help develop, and retain high-performing team members
- Lead by example in communication, cohesiveness, and culture
- Ability to work in high-stress/high expectation environment
- Recruit and screen qualified candidates for available positions; oversee the scheduling of interviews with the hiring manager, complete background checks, reference checks and drug screenings.
- Complete onboarding paperwork; manage the orientation and onboarding process; ensuring policies, procedures and the FSF culture is discussed.
- Post job opportunities to appropriate outlets, attend job fairs, network among local peer groups and within the Feeding America Network.
- With the guidance of the Executive Team and department heads, design employee retention and growth programs to include professional development, incentives, and opportunities for growth.
Talent Training + Retention
- Advise hiring managers on personnel policies to ensure appropriate action is taken as they relate to interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, disciplining, and documenting team member counseling sessions.
- Consistently manage and refresh team member files to ensure they’re standardized, up-to-date, include required forms. Ensure files comply with document retention policies.
Compliance + Risk Management
- Ensure FSF is in legal compliance and follows all federal and state labor laws, as they relate to wages, EEOC, OSHA, confidentiality, sensitive information, etc.
- Foster a culture of safety to ensure that team members can identify and mitigate risk, reducing overall number of incidents.
- Espouse and live FSF’s mission and values consistently to employees.
- Assist the Executive Team as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or another relevant field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum four years’ work experience in the HR field is required
- Minimum two years’ management experience required
- Must be computer literate and demonstrate strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Payroll Systems
- Impeccable discretion and judgment with a high level of personal integrity and the ability to ensure highly confidential information remains as such.
- Self-starter who feels comfortable taking the initiative but also knows when to ask questions.
- Planner with complex problem resolution skills and general recruitment expertise.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diversified group of people.
- Capable of maintaining composure while working under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, with multiple deadlines and assignments, all while completing tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and access to an insured personal vehicle.
Physical Demands + Working Conditions
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50lbs and when lifting loads heavier than 50lbs, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- After business hours work is required occasionally throughout the year.
- Frequent travel between quad-county areas is required.
- Occasional same day, out of town travel for meeting, conferences and special events is required.
- Occasional overnight, out of town travel for meetings and conferences is required.
- Involves activities in both office and warehouse environments with exposure to the climate and South Florida weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- recruiting: 4 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment