Customer Relation Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a CUSTOMER RELATION SPECIALIST to manage multiple levels of customer interaction and serve as a point of contact to our DGF customers. This position will be based at the customer location in Seattle, WA.
Skills / Requirements:
- Develops relationship with allocated customers
- Participates in joint Sales visits if necessary
- Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and processes them for handover to Operations
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions and provides intermediate updates on incident solution
- Provides spot quotations and closes contract
- Performs up- and cross-selling (inbound calls) for existing customers and passes on leads to Sales
- Takes and handles customer inquiries, e.g. Track and Trace
- Reviews reports (generated by the Performance Reporting & Exception Specialist) and sends them to the customer
- Acts as first contact point for customer claims; supports customer in notification and reception of claims, provides DGF claims documents, collects required documents from claimant and hands over to specialized claims handlers when documents are complete
- Collaborates closely with Operations and other departments for smooth handling of shipments and continuous updates
- Good knowledge of forwarding business, DGF products (AFR/OFR) and business systems
- Good knowledge of CS processes and systems
- Ability to identify and meet customer needs in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good telephone and E-mail skills
- Good verbal and written skills
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
The Logistics Company for the World
Excellence. Simply Delivered.
We connect people, improving their lives.
Respect & Results
Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
Division V2, Global Forwarding, Freight Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Business Unit DHL Global Forwarding US Contract Type
Location Seattle, WA Working Hours 40
Job Type Freight Transportation Shift Requirement Day time only
Career Level Operatives Relocation Offered None
Responsible for Travel Required
Reports to Ocean Export Manager Travel Extent
Hire Date 6/5/2018 Work Permit Required No