We are searching for individuals who are excited to help make a difference in the lives of others and would like to start working immediately!
We are a community living support agency that works with Intellectually/ Developmentally Disabled community here in Oregon. Our passion is matching great people such as yourself with one of our clients who really need your compassion, integrity, positive attitude, and dependability. Our direct Care Staff, work one-on- one with clients identified goals while building a companionship and community inclusion.
We are looking for DSW for the following client:
Cornelius Area: Pre teen male in search of a Direct Support Worker. Client has Autism and Tourette Syndrome/ very verbal/ looking for someone to be a friend with/ Someone who is into video games and talk about video games/ help make meals with him/ help with basic hygiene.
- Work one-on-one with clients to meet their daily needs and achieve their goals
- Providing transportation for clients to get out into the community
- Encourage community involvement and discovering hobbies
- Model appropriate social interactions and break down information
- Participation in fun group events
- Provide accurate and support centered notes
- Minimum of one year previous experience working with developmentally disabled children.
- Must have a current Drivers License and reliable transportation
- Have a current CPR & First Aid Certification(or willing to get one upon being hired)
- 18 years of age or older with valid Driver’s License and vehicle Insurance
- Willing to use personal vehicle to transport clients
- Ability to pass a background check
- Variable depending on the Clients needs
- Twice a month
- 1099 Contract Worker
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- working with developmentally disabled children: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License and Transportation (Required)
- CNA (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)