Title: Back-end Java developer
Location: Foster City CA
Duration: 6+ month contract
Responsibilities and Duties
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will be a part of a dynamic team tasked with multiple projects ranging from developing REST Service APIs to Back-end Batching applications using Java, J2EE and open source technologies that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust.
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems using Java, J2EE, and open source technologies
- Provide technical documentation of solutions
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of data technologies and solutions
- Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Multi-task and support multiple teams
- Adhere to and enhance software best practices, standards and processes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience
- You have an expertise in Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container-based technologies.
- Experience with back-end technologies such as JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX
- Experience with SQL and relational database usage with commercial-grade databases.
- Experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Expert in OO design and design patterns
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- You have proven experience as a technologist with ability to understand the requirement and design and build the solution.
- Proven problem-solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities, and challenges
- Experience and working knowledge of GIT is a plus
- Working knowledge/experience with test automation tools is a plus
- Experience with the payment industry and technologies is a plus
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Must have skills
7+ years of Back-end Java development. Developing Rest API's using Java/J2EE. Must have JDBC, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, JMX experience. Must have SQL Database and SQL query writing experience. Bachelor's Degree
Nice to have skills
Roles and responsibilities
This will be part of the Business Token services team. Responsible for token, apple pay, Samsung pay, etc.
Preference on industry background or previous companies worked for?
Payments industry would be a nice to have.
Qualifying questions required for candidate submission
- What is immutable object in Java? Can you change values of a immutable object?
- How to create a immutable object in Java? Does all property of immutable object needs to be final?
- What is difference between String, StringBuffer and StringBuilder? When to use them?
Job Type: Temporary