Bowhead is accepting applications for Personnel Assistant I to assist the Force Support Squadron Military Personnel Flight (MPF) on Nellis AFB. This position serves as a customer service specialist and works to achieve customer satisfaction by delivering a variety of military personnel services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Performs as human resources specialist with duties to include Customer Service, Passport Administration, Automated Records Management System (ARMS), Awards and Decorations, In and Out Processing, ID/Common Access Card Management, and Personnel Applications.
- Researches records, policy, directives, regulations and/or other military historical documents to verify accuracy of records or determine benefits eligibility, including to dependents and former spouses.
- Provides personnel support including handling routine and complex customer inquiries via telephone and e-mail, and coordinating with supported squadron-level Commander’s Support Staff (CSS), unit commanders, and other installation service providers.
- Work in a broad spectrum of HR major functions and mission-essential tasks, including multiple, standard USAF human resources automated systems such as ARMS, MILPDS, MDCPDS, and DEERS/RAPIDS.
- May serve in role of Super Verifying Official (SVO) or Verifying Official (VO) for issuance of Common Access Cards and operation of the DEERS/RAPIDS systems.
- Responds to questions for Dress and Personal Appearance, military leave, permissive TDY and special leave, administers fundraising and voting programs and the Family Care Program.
Requirements • Minimum educational requirement is an Associate’s Degree. CCAF or equivalent institution Associate’s in Human Resources Management preferred.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
- Candidate must speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that they can read and understand printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials.
- Candidate must have excellent oral communication skills, possess a professional attitude, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Former 3S051 / 3F051 AFSC or sister service equivalent highly desired.
- Three (3) years’ experience in working in MPF/MPS customer service environment preferred. Demonstrated experience in DEERS/RAPIDS/MILPDS a plus.
Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. Applicants may be subject to a random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).