Sr. Manager Data Center Operations
Amazon Web Services is looking for an experienced engineering visonary to help us define and build the future of computing. The AWS Infrastructure organization is responsible for delivering the data center and networking foundation that AWS runs upon. As a member of the Infrastructure Data Center Systems team you'll join other outstanding engineering leaders to work hard, have fun, and shape the future of cloud computing.
We are looking for a senior software/systems operations leader who will own and drive operations and automation across our Industrial Controls systems inside AWS and collaboratively across all of Amazon . You will have strong ownership over creating new processes and tools for major system operations and metric, team hiring, and team mentorship. This is a senior role that will interact with all levels of the AWS and Amazon.com businesses.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and will be passionate about building great teams that deliver high quality services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a related field. Experience operating as a manager of managers.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience managing software and systems operations, knowledge of facility engineering operations, critical environment facilities, or similar.
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and manage high-performing technical teams.
- Expert knowledge of control systems and software to include power, cooling, and access control applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering complex projects.
- Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product.
Masters Degree in Business Administration and Information Systems or related fields.
Expertise in one or more continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma.
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical plan (MEP) in a critical environment.