La Palma, CA | Multi Sales
Job Type: Full-time; Direct Hire; Exempt
- 90% of base plan Medical, Dental, Vision
- Group Life Insurance covered by Employer
- Safe Harbor 401(k) with profit sharing
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Mon – Fri work schedule with weekends off
- 10 paid holidays, in addition to sick and vacation time accrual
- Annual bonus opportunities
- Casual dress policy
- Family oriented working environment
- Opportunities for promotion as we expand
Since 1959 Multi Sales Inc. has become a premier wholesale distributor of door and gate automation products. We currently have locations in California and Oregon and are looking for someone interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company and who is passionate about succeeding and generating growth. Every day we continue to value the same traditions that our company was built on over 60 years ago, which are high integrity, vast product knowledge, and strong partnerships with our customers and vendors.
The Operations Manager role will be responsibility for managing all distribution center operations and will report directly to the President. This role will serve as a key decision-maker in the execution of broad organizational and operational objectives. The Operations Manager will provide business and managerial leadership for the successful distribution of products company-wide. They will be responsible for hiring and managing personnel, planning and overseeing operations, and interfacing with all departments to meet company service levels.
- Oversee daily operations in logistics, inventory control, receiving, shipping, customer service, etc.
- Manage point-of-sale processes for counter sales staff company-wide.
- Manage customer delivery services.
- Coordinate with teams, such as production, logistics, and procurement, to streamline operations and resolve any issues or bottlenecks.
- Design and implement branch fulfillment centers to accommodate company expansion efforts.
- Improve warehouse layout, workflow, and equipment to minimize operational bottlenecks and facilitate scalability.
- Utilize warehouse management systems (WMS) and other software tools to track and analyze key performance metrics, such as inventory accuracy, order fulfillment rates, and warehouse productivity.
- Business process continuous improvement to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Audit reports to maintain transactional goals, achieve service levels, and provide recommendations for process improvements and cost-saving opportunities.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure accurate order fulfillment, minimize errors, and prevent product damage.
- Function as safety manager for facilities, vehicles and equipment and enforce safety guidelines and company policies.
- Ensure safety compliance with all industry, local or state-level regulations.
- Maintain facilities for optimal performance in areas of plumbing, lighting, alarm systems, etc.
- Manage fleet maintenance and new equipment acquisition, including vehicles and forklifts for new locations.
- Act as the hiring manager for operations department, including branch staff by recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and training.
- Lead and motivate a team of warehouse personnel, including supervisors, drivers, forklift operators, material handlers, and staff members across all locations.
- Utilize talent management tools to set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and implement development plans to drive employee growth and career advancement.
- Create, update and rollout standard operating procedures for staff.
- Participate in long-term planning to create initiatives that meet company goals.
- Work closely with the management team to develop and monitor budgets, control expenses, and optimize resource allocation.
- Partner with Purchasing Manager to evaluate inventory handling improvements, and reduce overstock and dead stock.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in business management supply chain management, or logistics.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of management experience in a distribution center environment.
- Extensive expertise in supply chain processes, including inbound receiving, storage, retrieval (full pallets, case pick, layer pick), shipping, transportation, etc.
- Constant strategic thinking in a business context; with a clean understanding of the organization’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to include the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers, make sound decisions, and effectively handle difficult situations.
- A background in safety knowledge, including OSHA requirements and emergency training is preferred.
- Strong ability to manage profit & loss.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Great customer service, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong computer and technology skills including a proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and RF-enabled warehouse technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling challenges and opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
We have a strict COVID safety policy in place. We also provide equipment for all our employees.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anaheim, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person