Office Manager, (OM)
- Practice Support Center (PSC), Scheduling Center
- POP, MCD, and Associate Dentists
Patient Service Representatives (PSRs), provide superior patient service to help patients get the care they need and fulfill our mission to give America a healthy mouth. They welcome new and existing patients to the Office and prepare patients for their visit with the clinicians. PSRs manage all operations of the reception area including answering phones and patient flow.
- Building Effective Teams—Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; fosters open dialogue; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Customer Focus—Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Drive for Results—Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ethics and Values—Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Managing Vision and Purpose—Is optimistic; can inspire and motivate vision and sense of core purpose.
- Coaching and Developing Others—Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Decision Making—Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- High-Impact Communication—Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and concerns.
- Leadership Disposition—Attends to the needs and feelings of others to develop effective working relationships; takes a structured approach to managing self and others; exhibits leadership qualities that elicit the trust of others; rapidly learns and applies new job-related information; demonstrates a continuous learning orientation.
- Work Standards—Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Welcomes all patients to the Office by their name; provides a personal introduction.
- Accepts first hand-off from the PSC Scheduling Center by reading check-in notes and acknowledges comments or concerns communicated by the patient to the PSC Scheduling Center Agent.
- Educates patients on the completion of patient intake forms.
- Confirms, updates, and verifies all patient demographic and clinically necessary information.
- Obtains and updates patient insurance information.
- Assembles charts for all new patients.
- Reviews and updates the Patient Verification Form (PVF) for existing patients.
- Educates patients on next steps; performs patient hand-off to the Dental Assistant or clinician.
- Monitors patients’ waiting times; takes appropriate action to resolve patient flow issues, acknowledges wait times with patients, and offers solutions to accommodate patients’ needs.
- Partners with the Office team to ensure patients’ visits exceed expectations; takes appropriate action when visits do not exceed those expectations.
- Partners with the Office team to onboard and train new team members.
- Updates treatment plan information in the company system at the direction of the treating Doctor; collects and posts patient payments.
- Partners with the PSC Scheduling Center to appoint patients with a sense of urgency, ensuring access for walk-in and emergency patients.
- Partners with the Office Manager and Doctors to optimize the patient schedule and flow; ensures patients are scheduled according to the Doctor’s A/B scheduling preferences.
- Monitors dashboard reports for late patient arrivals, and missed appointments; follows-up with patients to confirm arrival or reschedule for same day or next available appointment.
- Monitors dashboard and completes daily patient appointment confirmations, PSC Click And Respond, (CAR) requests, and completes insurance verifications.
- Performs general office duties; mail distribution; filing and pulling of patient charts; daily chart audits; ordering of office supplies; daily shipping and receiving and shredding of protected health information.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and professional reception area including patient entrances, waiting areas and bathrooms.
- Education Level: High School or equivalent
- Job Related/Industry Experience: None
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and company operational systems
- Physical Requirements: Mostly walking, talking, standing, and updating information in computer systems
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour