Counsel On Call seeks a general defense litigation paralegal to work with the corporate legal department of a Fortune 500 company located in San Francisco, Calif. This is a full-time contract assignment available for an indefinite duration. The general defense litigation paralegal must be able to work on-site in San Francisco.
- About 3-5 years of experience as a paralegal handling defense litigation involving property damage, premises liability and personal injury litigation
- Experience conducting complex legal research, drafting legal documents, investigating issues and supporting attorneys in the day-to-day discovery obligations
- Interacting with internal company clients and outside counsel independently to both gather information and resolve legally significant matters on behalf of the company
- Able to assist attorneys with preparing briefs, pleadings, and appeals; and also the collection of documents in order to comply with discovery obligations
- Must be self-reliant, motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or college degree
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.