A Special Events Leader plays an integral part in the execution of a well-dressed party. It’s all about the details! Tip Top Tux is a regional company offering opportunities for advancement into leadership positions.
Make a Difference [ Our Mission Statement ] You act to create change. You strive to do something that helps people. You commit to continually bettering yourself. Every decision and move that we make is to make a positive difference!
Action-Oriented [ Adjective – Willing to take chances or actions to deal with a problem or situation] You think proactively, constantly looking ahead to prepare for the next venture. At Tip Top Tux we value self-starters!
Extras [ Noun - The benefits] Tip Top Tux offers 401K, flex-time off, holidays, spiff incentives, employee discounts, and health insurance assistance.
Pioneer [ Noun - You’re a recruiter for team Tip Top] We grow as a team! Everyone is responsible for the discovery of new and talented individuals.
What Will You Be Doing:
- Sales Development Strategy for your team
- Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results * Monitor associate productivity levels and provide coaching and feedback regularly
- Attend and actively participate in area trade shows, management meetings and local training sessions
- Managing customer orders, quality control and customer satisfaction
- Manage all Store Operations
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
With Your Team-
- Meeting weekly and monthly sales goals
- Outbound Lead Calling
- Communicate regularly regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Merchandising and Marketing
What You Bring To The Table (Qualifications):
- Two years of superior sales or customer service experience in a retail environment
- One year management experience
- Excellent sales skills and demonstrated ability to exceed performance standards
- Ability to motivate and lead staff
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Average work week is 45 hours per week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and think on your feet
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Previous experience in training and coaching employees
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year
- Retail Management: 1 year
- Customer Service: 2 years