The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording a majority of the day-to-day functions of the financial activities of the company including ensuring cash receipts are processed, maintaining vendor records and accounts payable systems, and supporting the Assistant Controller and Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and balance general ledgers for multiple companies.
- Maintain A/R and A/P including reviewing invoices, maintaining current vendor database, 1099 processing.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Support the audit process through preparation of reports and schedules.
- Analyze business processes and recommend control improvements to Controller and CFO.
- Research industry and technical issues, compile data, and present findings.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Preparation of F1099s.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned by supervisor.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance. Preferably a CPA or in the pursuit of a CPA.
- Two (2) to four years (4) of relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of the financing and documentation of real estate transactions and investments.
- Experience in the financial services field.
- Other skills required:
- Proficient in Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains)
- Highly developed Excel skills required.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounts payable: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial Fields: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dynamics/Great Plains Software: 3 years (Required)
- Clearwater, FL (Preferred)