MediaMath CEO and industry pioneer, Joe Zawadzki ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/jzawadzki/ ), had a vision to educate the next generation of marketing experts and industry leaders. Joe’s vision has become MediaMath’s award-winning Marketing Engineer Program ( http://nmi.mediamath.com/marketing-engineer-program/ ), which is in its fourth year of launching the careers of the best and brightest in the industry.
Learn about the programmatic marketing industry, including key players, technologies, and trends as well as hands-on execution of programmatic marketing campaign lifecycle, including planning/design, execution/management, troubleshooting, and analysis.
We will facilitate opportunities to network with companies (including ours!) seeking the MEP skill set for open positions. Marketing Engineers will receive group and one-on-one career coaching including resume writing, interview skills, and building a personal career narrative.
If you desire a career in programmatic marketing and want a competitive advantage, you’re invited to apply to one of our 2018 Cohorts.
What you'll learn:
The Marketing Engineer Program (MEP) is an immersive, 10-week career accelerator and training program designed to create future leaders in programmatic marketing.
Graduates leave with practical, highly applicable, and desirable experience in programmatic campaign strategy, execution, and analysis. Additionally, MEPs gain broad industry knowledge and the critical thinking, business acumen, and professional savvy necessary to thrive as a future thought leader in a rapidly evolving space.
Marketing Engineers learn from, work alongside, and are mentored by subject matter experts across a variety of teams including (but not limited to):
- Ad Operations
- Account Management
- Campaign Management
- Product Management
Within MEP, you’ll work on specialized projects, shadow subject matter experts, and learn from industry leaders across MediaMath, our partners, and clients, developing the knowledge, experience, and network you need to accelerate your career.
The Marketing Engineer Program Team is dedicated to the success of each cohort and delivers a world-class experience on top of the skills and professional development training. Our goal is to instill the marketing vocabulary, technological fluency, client service best practices, analytical know-how, and strategic ability required to compete for job opportunities and build a long-term, satisfying career in digital marketing and ad tech.
We succeed in this goal by combining our custom curriculum, real-world case studies, one-on-one mentorship, and professional development to develop skills and experiences that are in high demand with MediaMath’s vast and always expanding network of companies.
Check out the Marketing Engineer Program website ( http://nmi.mediamath.com/marketing-engineer-program/ ) for graduate profiles, career path examples, and additional details about the curriculum, the program’s history, success rates and program features.
What you'll need:
The Marketing Engineer Program is highly selective, accepting fewer than 6% of applicants.
While there is no one-size-fits-all profile of a Marketing Engineer, common threads among MEPs include analytical and technical aptitude, strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for learning. Successful MEPs are new college or Master’s grads, as well as career changers with a few years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Internship or professional experience in a fast-paced environment with data-driven, problem-solving and/or quantitative reasoning
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel; ideally familiarity with SQL or other data manipulation tools
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think creatively about challenging problems
- An insatiable appetite for learning in a collaborative environment
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities and pay strong attention to details
- Excellent communication skills – ability to distill key ideas for a non-mathematical audience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
September 24, 2018 - December 7, 2018 [10 weeks] Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm (including lunch break)
Our 4WTC headquarters in New York City. In-person attendance is required for the duration of the program
Marketing Engineers are included in the MediaMath community and will enjoy our beautiful office facilities and perks like free, all-you-can-eat snacks, socials, networking opportunities, and training and development.
Tuition, Pay & Materials:
Joe Z. generously pays the tuition for the Marketing Engineer Program. MEPs are compensated an hourly wage to assist with living expenses. All materials and equipment, including a laptop, are provided to MEPs by MediaMath for use during the program, free of charge.
At this time, this program is not available to those who will require our sponsorship to obtain or extend employment authorization.
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume
- Share a brain brief: give us your thoughts on the impact a programmatic trend has on the industry [< 400 words]
Let us know about your desired career path pursuit. Disclaimer! A part of MEP is learning what career path you might like to pursue, but if you already have a sense, we’d love to know. See below to get a better understanding of what career paths might be of interest. This is totally non-binding and will not affect your acceptance to the program. On a scale of 1-5, please rank your initial preference:
- Client Facing + Medium Tech: Account Management
- Client Facing + High Tech: Account Analytics
- Client Facing + High Tech: Campaign Management
- Medium Tech: Product Management
- High Tech: Ad Ops
Potential Career Paths:
Endless! But here are the 5 most common paths of MEPs.
Client Facing + Medium Tech:
- Account Management: Enhance client relationships.
You will execute and evolve strategic/technical joint roadmaps for high-value clients. Account Managers are dedicated, client-centric resources charged with coordinating the delivery of value to clients through the activation of internal specialty groups as well as external partners. After graduating MEP, a full-time role in Account Management may include:
Client Facing + High Tech:
- Online advertising account management, marketing consulting, and/or brand management or yield optimization, marketing campaign design, campaign management, and analysis
- Using data analytics and problem-solving tools such as MS Excel and other internet technologies
- Account Analytics: Empower clients by providing accessibility and transparency to data through advanced analytics.
You will mine complex datasets and discover and deliver insights that drive value for our clients. Analytics teams fulfill customers’ advanced analytics and reporting needs through custom reports and analyses, advanced statistical applications, predictive modeling, and interactive web dashboards to help clients effectively manage campaigns and optimize performance. After graduating MEP, a full-time role in Account Analytics may include:
Client Facing + High Tech:
- Working with large datasets or relational databases
- Programming in SQL, Python and working with big data technologies like MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Pig, or AWS/S3
- Campaign Management: Execute best practices and consultative services that drive client performance.
You will become a subject matter expert on how media campaigns are managed using a programmatic platform and optimization engines. Specialists manage campaigns as well as consult directly with our clients to help achieve client performance goals. They also participate in research, analytics, and testing efforts in order to develop new best practices on marketing platforms as well as cultivate industry thought leadership.
After graduating MEP, a full-time role in Campaign Management may include:
Client Facing + High Tech:
- Applying analytics in a business environment; marketing analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, customer segmentation, forecasting, econometric modeling, etc. for campaign design, campaign management, and analysis
- Working with large datasets and understanding analytic methodologies for evaluating data with SQL or other data manipulation tools
- Working with trading media in a platform (e.g. DSP, SSP, etc.)
- Platform Support & Operations: Support the ongoing setup and maintenance of client campaigns.
You will become a subject matter expert on programmatic platforms provided internally and externally, reinforcing best practices for campaign setup, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. As the first line of defense for programmatic products and campaign issues that users may be experiencing, you will actively manage and resolve level 1 support cases in accordance with our world-class SLAs. After graduating MEP, a full-time role in Platform Support & Operations may include:
- Working on online advertising technology and systems (TerminalOne, DoubleClick, Atlas, FBM, Sizmek, Flashtalking, etc.)
- Managing complexities such as online advertising campaign setup, QA, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Understanding of RTB, DSP, DMP, and dynamic ad serving fundamentals
- Using web debugging tools (Firebug, HTTPFox, Fiddler, Chrome Dev Console, etc.)
- Product Management: Design the end users journey through a B2B SaaS product suite.
You will learn how to create and refine product features and enhancements to the platform. You will represent all stakeholders (data governance, executives, other product managers, external clients) when working with your dedicated engineers to design solutions for the class. The ability to read and understand code is essential. After graduating MEP, a fulltime role in Product Management may include:
- Working in an agile, big data environment
- Working with Excel, Macros and DBA
- Writing SQL for Oracle, Postgres dbs
- Understanding technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications