Heavy Highway Project Superintendent
Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Overland’s core business is the construction and rehabilitation of public and private heavy civil infrastructure including, but not limited to; roads, bridges, airfields, site development and highway paving. Located in Ardmore, Oklahoma, Overland is located within an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City and the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
We are looking for an experienced, proven, result driven Project Superintendent join our growing organization. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, this position will provide overall supervision and coordination on projects.
- Project Administration
- Analyze and update information on job cost reporting data
- Review billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting
- Maintain job cost controls as established by management and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Read and interpret project drawings and specifications to ensure that staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment needs are adequate
- Review time sheets to insure accurate job cost data
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- Ensure all jobs are completed within the framework of OFCCP requirements
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project and enforce Overland’s safety culture throughout the project
- 5+ years of experience in Heavy Highway Construction
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management highly desirable
- Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict with a professional demeanor
- Competitive Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
Overland Corporation is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- superintendent: 3 years (Preferred)
- Heavy Highway Construction: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible