PLAZA ARTIST MATERIALS
Job Description- Key Holder
The employee is expected to contribute to the work team and cross train for job functions beyond their main assignments to prepare themselves for future organizational changes and promotional opportunities.
POSITION TITLE: Key Holder
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Store Manager, Floor Manager and Assistant Manager
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Hourly, Non-exempt
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for opening and closing a store; providing excellent customer service in selling art materials and designing custom framing; receiving and stocking and store maintenance.
1. Accountable for opening and closing the store following procedures documented in the company procedure manual.
2. Responsible for the transfer of the bank deposit from the store to the bank.
3. Assist customers with product purchasing.
4. Facilitate special orders and store transfers of requested items from other store locations.
5. Assist in stock checks requested by other stores.
6. Support inventory management by shelf labeling and inventory counts.
7. Be aware of special sales and promotions and impart that information to the customer.
8. Receive cash, credit or debit charges, check payments and redeem gift certificates from customers for purchasing merchandise.
9. Handle returns and exchanges of store merchandise.
10. Create invoices for store charges.
11. Responsible for keeping assigned work areas neat and stocked daily.
12. Receive merchandise by matching receiving work sheets with shipped product.
13. Stock received merchandise.
14. Prepare merchandising displays.
15. Assist customers with frame design and completed framed art pickups.
16. Maintain a professional demeanor when relating to superiors, coworkers and customers.
17. Comply with company policy and procedures.
1. Possess interpersonal skills crucial for relating to customers, coworkers and management.
2. Demonstrate trustworthiness and possess good judgment.
3. Demonstrate the ability to learn procedures and follow directions with confidence, cooperation and flexibility.
4. Must be able to multi-task, is self-directed and detail-oriented.
5. Possess stamina.
6. Must be computer literate and possess basic arithmetic skills.
The successful candidate must possess excellent customer service, art materials and retail background. Merchandising ability a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $12.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
Staff must be vaccinated and mask wearing is an optional.
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person