Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Tectron Tube – a part of Atkore International – currently has an opening for Value Stream Manager at our De Pere, Wisconsin plant. De Pere is located 10 miles outside of Green Bay, Wisconsin.
The Value Stream Manager will have broad responsibility for the overall operation of his or her assigned value stream, including implementation of Atkore Business Systems (ABS) which strives to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide world class customer service, and develop a qualified work force.
Supervision and Interaction:
- Ownership of value stream productivity, including cost analysis and opportunities, equipment up time, quality improvements, and manufacturing productivity
- Ownership of plant maintenance department including team members, contractors, budget, preventative maintenance and scheduling
- Ensure compliance and proper training with safety requirements
- Manage resources within a union contract environment
- Implement ABS and long term manufacturing strategies
- Demonstrate operational leadership, resulting in successful lean implementation, productivity gains, and a reduction in operating costs, inventories and lead times
- Regularly meet with the value stream team to identify problems and challenges and implement countermeasures and solutions
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and help drive the company to become a learning organization
- Lead the value stream team in daily operations and continuous improvements in, among other things, supply chain production control, establishment of distribution priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments
- Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload
- Create and modify standardized work and ensure standardized work is followed by value stream team members
- Use root cause analysis to develop and implement countermeasures
- Instill and maintain a positive “can-do” team atmosphere within the value stream by holding regular team meetings, assigning tasks to team members, empowering team member decision-making, and coordinating support services
- Utilize Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) in conjunction with the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) boards and Allied Improvement Boards (AIB) to ensure performance objectives are met
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop, attain, and document future-state value stream maps
- Work with value stream supervisors to maintain the KPI and AIB boards to ensure problems and challenges have visibility
- Develop and manage supervisors and associates in the value stream, including performance assessment, attendance management, professional development, etc.
- Ensure that team consensus is used in the decision-making process to thoroughly evaluate and rapidly implement decisions
- Ensure value stream leaders provide effective cross-training for the value stream associates, including backups from other areas
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of 7 to 10 years of management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment - 5 to 7 years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope, and complexity - Maintenance or mechanical background required - Previous P&L ownership experience preferred but not required - Sufficient experience and background in accounting, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning - Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications, ERP experience preferably SAP and HR/Safety systems for payroll, benefits and safety report management. - Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills that have resulted in strategic and tactical goal attainment - Strong lean manufacturing/distribution background and the passion to grow your lean experience Atkore’s mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process. We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results. Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts. Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!