Role: To represent the Credit Union in a professional manner when greeting members and the general public on the phone and in person, ensuring that they are directed to someone who can assist them.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phone and directs callers to the appropriate person.
- Greets members, vendors and visitors when they enter the Credit Union. Determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person. Keeps Branch Manager advised when members wait for a period of 15 minutes or more.
- Maintains assigned records, files and reports. Completes assigned administrative responsibilities.
- Supports overflow needs both within and outside the department as assigned.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Greet or acknowledge all visitors in a courteous, timely, and professional manner.
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner within 3 rings, directing calls to the appropriate party with minimum transfers.
- Announce each visitor before directing them to the appropriate party.
- Provide accurate, professional administrative support as assigned.
- Accurately maintain assigned files so they are current by end of the business day.
- Adhere to all applicable credit union policies and procedures regarding security and compliance.(Log visitors in and out, check identification if required)
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and workspace.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Up to six months of similar or related experience.
- Education: A high school education or GED.
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Other Skills: Keyboard and 10-key calculator skills. Multi-line phone system operations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. PC literate, proficient in documentation and spreadsheet software usage.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, communicate and listen. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, or handle, tools of the job, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Job Type: Full-time