Full Job Description
We are looking for experienced, energetic and motivated managers for our new concept JAtö. We’re a dynamic new modern American restaurant coming to the heart of wynwood. With a robust beverage program and creative modern food by Chef Henry Hane we’re sure you’ll be excited and pleased to join our team. Just please make sure you like classic hip hop and the Miami Heat. The rest will take care of itself. Below is the full job description but again it can be a bit boring. At the end of the day if you have a passion for hospitality and want to work with a fun energetic and progressive thinking team then just send me an email and we can chat.
Number ONE prerequisite: desire to work!
We are looking for fun, exciting and genuinely hospitable individuals to help us grow! We value and place great importance on the culture of our company and are only looking for individuals that are genuinely attracted to our set of values and belief structure.
Applicants should possess the ability to focus on the success and growth of our team members while still providing the highest level of hospitality to each and every guest. Perpetuating the progressive culture of empowerment, leadership and high morale that we have created since our inception.
Summary of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation. Hospitality at the forefront of actions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
· Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of Team Members and creating a positive, productive working environment.
· Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
· Make employment and termination decisions.
· Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
· Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on Team Members performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
· Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
· Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, Team Members and guests.
· Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
· Be 21 years of age.
· Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
· Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
· Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment, while still delivering on our promises to our guests, ensuring a team focused environment.
We offer competitive compensation, bonus structure and benefits with plenty of room for growth.
Can’t wait to hear from you!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,000.00 - $6,000.00 per month
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)