As Restaurant Host you will manage the front desk, taking restaurant bookings and ensuring all special requirements are detailed within the reservation. You will also help your fellow colleagues on the restaurant floor and assist the Restaurant Supervisor in setting up table plans for each service, based on scheduled reservations. It is paramount that you are able to uphold the high standards within and ensure that our customers enjoy a memorable experience by always being professional, well presented and polite.
We are seeking candidates who have customer-facing experience coupled with excellent customer service skills. Previous experience in a similar hospitality type role is preferred, and it is key that you are highly professional and take pride in your work. You will also need to demonstrate good organisational skills and the ability to converse in English
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu.
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management.
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room.
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English
Successful candidate profile
- Advanced English skills (if non-native)
- Ability to multitask and work in a really fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills and capability of learning Point of Sales machine operation
- Outgoing and approachable personality
- Patience and eagerness to help customers
- Capability of maintaining a clean, tidy and organised work station
- Willingness to learn and a proactive, enthusiastic personality
- Good communication skills and great ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivated and always moving attitude
About Prima Pasta
Prima Pasta is fast paced food restaurants that are focused on continually enhancing the customer experience through the prompt delivery of high quality food in a friendly and enjoyable restaurant environment. Prima Pasta remains committed to continually building on the strong company culture and employee experience by putting pride and passion into all we do, and respecting and developing all employees.
When you join Prima Pasta, well provide you with fantastic benefits including; a very generous pension scheme, employer paid health cash plan, free meals on duty and a genuine investment in your personal development. For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits.
Most importantly, youll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, youll see your efforts recognized and your potential nurtured in an organisation thats full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.