Summary of Job Purpose:
- Support new product development for Schematic Capture, PCB Layout and Component Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform schematic capture, symbol & footprint creation, component placement, connections, netlist and BOM generation using Orcad Capture CIS/CIP
- Generate PCB layout, component placement using Cadence Allegro PCB Editor
- Generate all Fab and Assembly packages including Gerbers, CAD fab & assembly drawings and BOMs
- Interface with EE and ME staff for design development using IDF export and solving board level related issues
- Perform Component Engineering activities including electronic part selection, electrical characteristic analysis, obsolescence management, part library management, and Spec Control Drawing generation
- Perform reverse engineering for PCB layouts on legacy designs with limited sources of input - Generate Enovia release documentation packages for review and approval routes
- Provide technical support to Supply Chain and PCB fabrication and assembly suppliers Required Competencies:
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced experience using Cadence Orcad Capture CIS/CIP, Allegro PCB Editor required
- Strong knowledge of multilayer PCB fabrication techniques per IPC standards
- Strong knowledge in component placement for EMI and transient protection - Knowledge of Enovia or similar PLM release systems
- Experience with PADS PCB Design software is a plus
- Component Engineering experience is a plus
- Electrical Engineering and circuit design experience is a plus but not a must
- General knowledge of MS Office tools.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of PCB Layout experience in an Aerospace, Automotive, or Medical Device new product development (NPD) environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Familiar with Electrical Engineering concepts
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $40.00 to $50.00 /hour