Optomi, in partnership with a global leader in providing digital financial services, is seeking an Android Developer for their Charlotte, NC location. The Android Developer will be responsible for design, development, and delivery of native Android mobile applications. The candidate must exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must have experience interfacing with product owners as well as internal and external technical teams and resources. Agile development experience is preferred.
The role requires native mobile development experience with Android universal applications and Android watch. Strong technical knowledge, coupled with in-depth experience working with REST services, is required.
The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years experience developing native Android mobile applications. Experience in a financial services environment is a plus, but not necessary.
Apply Today If Your Background Includes:
- 3+ years experience developing Android applications
- Experience practicing Agile Methodologies throughout all stages of the SDLC
- Proven successful in managing the end to end process in conjunction with team members and partners.
- Strong knowledge of RXAndroid, Material Design, Retrofit, REST APIs, JSON
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Skill in problem-solving and debugging
What the Right Professional Will Enjoy!
- The chance to take ownership of an environment that invests in the latest and greatest technologies
- Leadership that enjoys identifying ways to automate processes and drive efficiency
- The ability to take responsibility for the design, development, and delivery of native Android mobile applications
- Participate as a member of a mobile development scrum team.
- Become a subject matter expert in the company’s mobile channel.
- Partner with solution architects to leverage industry best practices to design and deliver high-quality mobile applications.
- Escalate issues to senior management early, before they create a significant impact to a project/release.
- Review and approve all mid-level design documentation.
- Ensure that detail design documentation is completed, reviewed, and approved, as required.
- Conduct or participate in code review sessions to ensure quality and performance.
- Support the system integration and user acceptance testing resources.
- Provide timely defect analysis, remediation, and reporting.
- Review security testing reports/results and remediate potential vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies or trends that could impact the mobile channel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- native Android development: 3 years (Required)
- US Citizen or Green Card holder (Required)