Starting Fall 2018 – 10 Hours/Week
The University of Maryland Honors College is looking for a part-time student graphic designer. This student graphic designer will assist with creating a mix of print and digital marketing materials. This position gives you the opportunity to promote the work and achievements of Honors students and faculty, gain design experience, enhance technical skills and build a portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity for a student who wants to gain real-world experience developing creative projects and innovative solutions for UMD and DC-area events and initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Create social graphics, infographics, logos and presentation slides
- Design print materials such as posters, programs, flyers and postcards
- Develop design ideas consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Must be a current University of
Maryland, College Park undergraduate
- Creative: Strong design skills and portfolio required.
- Experienced: Very proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Web, photography, videography and multimedia skills are a plus.
- Detailed: Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
Additional Certifications: Additional Information:
PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME
08/30/2018 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Best Consideration Date 09/12/2018 Physical Demands Diversity Statement:
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
^Student Posting Contact Information: