ContractEstimated: $92,000 - $130,000 a year5 days ago
- Communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
- INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY*
Belcan has an opportunity for a fully remote work from home Structures and Mechanisms Systems Engineer position is currently available through Belcan. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required! This is a great contract opportunity with an established and reputable company. You will be working on Structures and Mechanisms for the Lunar Descent Element of the Human Landing System.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis and trade studies to evaluate loads & dynamics and stress
- Create interface documentation such as Interface Control Documents in Creo
- Trace the system specifications to lower levels then elicit and define use cases, concept of operations, stakeholder expectations, and identify (then close) gaps
- Support and update the Descent Element"s structures and mechanisms documentation
- Identify, derive, develop, and maintain the structures and mechanisms requirements, design verification objectives, and verification matrices
- Plan and support requirements verification and validation efforts
- Monitor and report on technical performance metrics
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, physics or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in part of a complex system lifecycle - one or more of requirement definition, design solution definition, implementation, integration, verification and validation, qualification, commissioning or operations
- Understanding of the principles, concepts, and methods of system engineering complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
If you are interested in this fully remote work from home Structures and Mechanisms Systems Engineer job please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.