About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for the implementation of Enterprise Excellence for the site, while building a culture of continuous improvement. The Continuous Improvement Engineer helps drive process improvements, set work standards, evaluate operational costs, validate capital expenditures, review operational procedures, determine the most economical process flows, and perform project management functions.
- To be a key member of the site/regional manufacturing team with specific responsibility for supporting and advancing Enterprise Excellence.
- Complete or assist with completion of process improvement projects in collaboration with site/regional manufacturing team.
- Actively support implementation of the Site and Regional Operations transformation roadmap.
- Actively develop, teach, and utilize process improvement methodologies including, but not limited to:
o Creating Flow
o Gemba Walks
o 5S + 8 Wastes
o Visual Management
o Standard Work
o 8-Step (A3) Problem Solving & Kaizen
o Error Proofing (Poka Yoke)
o Process and Value Stream Mapping
Education / Experience Requirements
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Must have a minimum 5+ years of combined practical experience in process improvement, managing projects, and lean implementation within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of International Quality and Regulatory requirements is preferred (FDA’s 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment, and cost.
- Proven track record of successful process improvements resulting in improved safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues.
- Product costing knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Desirable Certifications: Lean Practitioner, Six Sigma, and related certifications.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Process-focused / Results -driven and displays high energy and enthusiasm in challenging the status quo and driving continuous improvement.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel (creating macros is a plus).
- Evaluates facts and solutions, comprehensively.
- Work in a matrixed organization, across international regions
- Able to travel as required to complete tasks and training.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.