Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition; providing support and personal services; teaching families.
Home Health Aide Job Duties:
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services; shopping for food and other household requirements; preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient; advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepses standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions; following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Home Health Aide Skills and Qualifications:
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Nursing Skills, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Verbal Communication, Listening, Training , Dependability, Emotional Control, Medical Teamwork
- Proven working experience as home health aide
- Ability to monitor vital signs and to collect specimens
- Familiarity with basic nutrition and personal hygiene standards
- Proficiency in English
- Nursing and health care administration skills
- Caring and compassionate personality
- Current CPR certificate
- First Aid training
- Valid driver’s licence
- High school degree
Please submit the application below to be considered for a position as a caregiver.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
- Home Health: 1 year (Required)
- Home Health Aide (Preferred)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)