Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Services sector is seeking a Broadcast Engineer Lead to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's US Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Information Technology Services Division of the Executive Office (A/EX/ITS's) team. This is a contract to provide the US Department of State with highly-skilled and qualified personnel to provide high quality, "state of the art" application development activities to be performed in support of A/EX/ITS systems and applications, leveraging an integrated and scalable framework to meet ITS's vision and requirements, leveraging Agile/SCRUM or a hybrid development methodology supported by a DevOps framework.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists in routine activities related to implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and usage monitoring of video, audio, cablecast, Local Area Network (LAN) and audio/visual technology.
- Manages production and broadcast facilities ensuring compliance with federal broadcast engineering standards.
- Manages information technology, media, audio visual, web, database, content development, and video encoding services to support a multi-media broadcast network.
- Reviews and analyzes new and revised system specifications for electrical, electronic and computer-based hardware for completeness and compatibility with present technology and system capabilities.
- Provides technical expertise to manage the transition of a current on-premise system to a modern cloud-based streaming system.
- Interfaces with clients to determine broadcast infrastructure and network requirements.
- Establishes and communicates best practices to clients in support of the administration and maintenance of broadcast services and technologies.
- Performs regular and preventative maintenance on all broadcast equipment.
- Identifies solutions for continual broadcast improvements and modernization efforts and provides and implements equipment enhancements/modification recommendations.