The Medical Information Assistant is responsible for intake and processing of medical information requests, performing quality assurance functions, and assisting with projects and client implementation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer calls received in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to non-medical verbal inquiries from health care providers (HCPs) and consumers when appropriate in compliance with applicable handling guide.
- Triage verbal and written inquires from HCPs and consumers according to applicable handling guide.
- Identify and collect adverse event and product complaint data in accordance with Client policies and procedures.
- Conduct appropriate follow-up for inquiries necessitating additional contact (eg, requests received via voicemail, obtaining additional demographics or other details for regulatory reporting) in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly and accurately document cases in medical information database, consistent with Client operational procedures.
- Review processes and procedures for compliance with established quality expectations.
- Process mailouts for fulfillment of inquiries.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure adequacy of support staff Contact Center coverage during business hours.
- Meet or exceed applicable service levels and targets for Med Communications and Client.
- Attend required training sessions to maintain awareness of and knowledge of relevant operational updates.
- Work independently, establishing work priorities with minimal input.
- Above average attention to detail, teamwork and initiative.
- Ability to interact with other departments within the company and be proficient in e-mail and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and quickly able to learn new software.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Organized - Possesses the trait of being well organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the client needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: Three years of related experience preferred
Computer Skills: Prefer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assistant: 1 year (Required)