The Medical Assistant assists our physicians to meet our patients’ needs. Travels with our physicians as required to offices within a designated region. All employees are responsible for maintaining compliance with HIPAA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains and documents patients’ vital signs, height and weight.
- Prepares charts, completes paperwork for scans and insurance requirements,
- Documents patients’ medical histories including advance directives.
- Responsible for performing phlebotomy on patients and analyze bone marrow slides on the CBC analyzer.
- Administers injections and documents.
- Assists physicians with bone marrow biopsies and completes documentation.
- Answers and returns patient phone calls in a professional, timely manner.
- Prepares charts, completes paperwork for scans, insurance requirements, reviews new patient documentation forms and documents patients medical histories including advance directives
- Responsible for cleanliness as well as maintaining current supplies in our exam/injection rooms.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, is a team player and provides our patients, physicians and coworkers excellent customer service.
- Supports nursing, authorization and front desk team.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Assistant Certificate.
- BLS Certificate
- Excellent oral including strong telephone skills and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Organizational skills and able to multitask
- Communicates effectively with the team and patients.
- Positive customer service focus.
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Three years of MA experience or commensurate experience required.
- Phlebotomy skills required.
- Medical oncology/hematology experience preferred.
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.