We’re currently looking for an experienced PROJECT ENGINEER who can make an immediate impact to our Team!
WHO WE ARE
Achen-Gardner Construction, LLC (AGC) is all about owning what we do. From our founding in 1989, we are recognized around the Valley as a prominent contractor who provides quality infrastructure management and construction services to our public and private clients including underground utilities, pipeline rehabilitation, UV CIPP rehabilitation, water and wastewater facilities, street improvements, grading, paving concrete flatwork and structures.
Upon merging with Emery Sapp & Sons in 2019, Achen-Gardner Construction become
100% employee-owned, giving each employee-owner an enhanced sense of pride and commitment towards their specific contribution to the services we provide.
HOW WE OWN IT
At AGC, being 100% employee-owned means everyone who works at AGC is a part-owner of the company, which is integral to our values, culture and the way we serve our clients.
Additionally, AGC employee-owners get to be part of the incredible growth now shared with
Emery Sapp & Sons that directly impacts the overall value of our Employee Stock
Ownership Plan (ESOP). A great benefit to all team members!
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (This position is considered a safety sensitive position)
General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide project management/field support services. Including, but not limited to project administration, scheduling, cost monitoring/controls, job safety inspections, and job documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Read project contract, standard & special provisions, review drawings for conformity to same. Become completely familiar with all documents, special project and client requirements.
- Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendent in preparation of the construction master project schedule and assist the same in monitoring, reporting, and updating master schedule based on field progress.
- Continually monitor field activity costs and maintain a communication plan to inform
Project Manager and Project Superintendent of any discrepancies.
- Under Project Manager’s guidance, maintain the management plan for monitoring field work progress to allow for the timely preparation and submittal of monthly progress payments for work completed.
- Under Project Manager’s guidance, prepare and implement material submittal review plan for all items as required by project documents.
- Actively participate and attend project construction meetings both with owner client and in-house to gain knowledge/insight into the mechanics of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager, as directed, with the procedures/processes for obtaining all necessary project permits.
- Promote, with cooperation of project manager, superintendent & company safety director, the site-safety program and help maintain a safe site in compliance with company, client and government requirements and regulations.
- Assist the Project Superintendent in the development and maintenance of the project’s traffic control plans for ongoing and future work activities.
- Review/assist in the preparation of monthly progress payments for all work performed, with the project manager, project superintendent and owner/client.
- Assist the project team in maintaining the project’s change order/out-of-scope work reporting and documentation procedures.
- Assist project team in the administration and enforce compliance with the terms of the contract, the construction master plan (if applicable), the field procedures and management directives, paying particular attention to quality and guarantee/warranty requirements.
- Continually monitor the systems to control field costs, scheduling and quality to ensure that they are effectively meeting project objectives.
- Maintain effective communication with project manager, project superintendent and key project participants by:
- Attending construction progress reviews of field activities on a regular basis.
- Constant vigilance in determining the status of physical progress versus schedule, material status and explanations for any off-target conditions.
- Actively participating in discussions of any problem areas, with the project manager & superintendent, along with recommendations for solving them.
- Documenting the field work/progress by regularly monitoring field activities and taking progress photos.
- Follow and monitor the project’s established construction quality-control procedures, ensuring quality construction in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Assisting project team in monitoring the flow of design documentation, submittals, vendor data and project information, ensuring that all parts of the field work can progress smoothly.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation, review and the transmittal of monthly progress payments timely and the follow-up of the same to insure that payment is received for all work performed on time.
- Promptly inform management/owner of unforeseen construction events and/or problems and keep them current on same. With special emphasis on those items that have the potential to impact project cost, duration, revenue, and company reputation.
- Develop and maintain a system of decision making within the field organization whereby decisions are made at the lowest possible level.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit with the owner and field staff.
- Conduct one’s self at all times in an exemplary manner, setting a good example for all team members to follow.
- Attack all problems areas quickly, bringing them into the open and resolving as soon as possible.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Must clear E-Verify verification (per AZ State Mandate)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction or repair of highways, roads and underground wet utilities.
- Basic knowledge of relevant equipment, policies and procedures to promote effective and safe operations for the protection of people and property.
- Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation and coordination, leadership techniques and production methods.
- Ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions.
- Strong critical thinking skills and common sense.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Basic skills in using Apple operation system for iPad and iPhone.
- Basic knowledge of crisis response/Public relations
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification
- You have a sense of humor (big plus)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and in all types of terrain
- Able to meet all physical requirements
- Able to work around loud noises and can tolerate being exposed to odors, gasses, dust, etc.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in confined spaces, high places, and in excavated areas
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE!
Beyond competitive compensation, AGC offers its employee-owners a variety of additional perks and bonus opportunities:
- Industry-leading Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) & Financial Health Education
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Insurance with Wellness Incentive
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Business Casual Office Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Referral Bonus Program
- Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Leadership & Training Programs
- Growth Opportunities
Achen-Gardner Construction, LLC is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply online at www.achen.com/careers , fax resume to 480-403-9425
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chandler, AZ 85224: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person