1.0 Job Summary
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing electronics and manufacturing equipment, including PLC controllers, HVAC, conveyors, among others. The Maintenance Electrician will also be responsible for installing, inspecting, and improving the efficiency of the equipment while adhering to safety, quality, and operational efficiency requirements.
2.0 Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proactively ensure the safety and well-being of employees, vendors and visitors.
- Objectively interpret, apply and/or enforce all company policies, programs, rules, regulations and safety rules in support of achieving departmental goals for safety, quality and productivity.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electronics, manufacturing equipment, and plant facilities.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and/or quality system.
- Effective cooperation with other members of the Borgers USA team, including subordinates, peers or managers.
- Identify risk and escalate contingency planning.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of Borgers organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
3.0 Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge and implementation of general safe work practices.
· Proven problem-solving abilities.
· Self-starter with ability to prioritize multiple projects and customers.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a work group or team.
· Able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment.
4.0 Credentials and Experience:
· Must have 6-10 years experience in an Industrial or Manufacturing environment
· Must have an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Electronics, Industrial Technology, or a field closely related.
· Must have a current status of one of the following professional certifications;
· Master Electrician/Certified Electrician with the State of Ohio.
· Diagnostics of Siemens PLC components
· Senior Certified Electronics Technician (CETsr with ETA)
· Master Certified Electronics Technician (CETma with ETA)
5.0 Special Requirements
· Authorization to work and reside in the United States.
6.0 Physical Requirements
- Able to read and interpret text, schematics, blueprints or drawings.
· 20/20 vision (with or without corrective lenses).
· Normal hearing ability (with or without corrective device).
- Able to work indoors and outdoors
- Able to kneel, stand or walk for a large portion of shift
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights frequently
- Lift items weighing up to 50 pounds infrequently without assistance
- Push, pull, lift and/or carry for short distances items weighing up to 35 pounds frequently
- Small motor skills including ability to grasp, control and use objects or tools.
- Fine motor skills, including manipulation of small objects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.50 - $37.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Norwalk, OH 44857: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you able to work 2nd shift, 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm?
- Are you able to work weekends as required?
- Electrical: 5 years (Preferred)
- PLC: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrical License (Preferred)
- Journeyman Electrician (Preferred)
Work Location: One location