Working the "Swing-Shift" - 3:30pm to 11:30pm, the successful CNC Machinist candidate will sets up, operate, and program computer numerical control (CNC) mills, (CNC) machining centers, and (CNC) horizontal mill centers to fabricate complex metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing specified functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independently analyzes blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, programs, work orders and/or templates to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Assigns operators to specific jobs providing assistance and monitoring for quality and efficiency.
- Independently selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes and specialized cutting machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine programs.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or computer programs as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or part program.
- Monitors machines and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance of programming and tooling for new parts.
- Confers with supervisors/leads, engineers, inspectors, programmers or others to resolve machining or production problems.
- Ensures the adherence to production safety and health standards, policies and procedures by monitoring personnel, machinery and work environment. Immediately notifies supervisor and/or Human Resources Director of any safety and health concerns and problems.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of CNC machinist experience or equivalent.
- Strong ability to understand complex instructions, procedures and policies and give clear technical assistance and feedback to co-workers.
- Thorough knowledge of machine shop geometry and trigonometry.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to monitor, analyze and edit CNC programming.
- Advanced ability to use precision measuring tools.
- Advanced ability to evaluate the condition of all standard and special cutters, materials and tools.
- Thorough familiarity with all CNC machinery and their individual parts.
- Independent understanding of work-orders, blueprints, tooling and department workflow.
- Strong knowledge of quality system concepts and procedures.
- Working knowledge of American Sign Language preferred.
- Must complete and clear a background check.
Though you may meet the requirements for work eligibility in the United States, this position requires that you meet special government/military compliance regulations (ITAR-International Traffic in Arms Regulations). This means you must be able to provide legal documentation as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident alien, or other ITAR compliant status.
Job Type: Full-time
- cnc machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)