The Middle School Dean assists the Principal in fulfilling his/her chief responsibility of promoting the educational well being of each student in the school and providing sound educational programs for children.
- Assists in interpreting school and District programs, policies, and procedures to students, parents, staff, and community under supervision of the Principal or his/her designee.
- Assists in the evaluation of licensed and classified staff members; assists marginal teachers; assists with problems of discipline.
- Assists with special school programs or projects involving remedial, at risk, and special education students.
- Assists with supervision of students arriving at and leaving the school; assists with the supervision of students in the cafeteria.
- Develops and maintains a positive communication system with the community, teaching staff, administration, and School Board.
- Helps with the supervision of custodial staff and providing substitutes for the school staff.
- Assists with the review of interim reports, special education enrollment reports, preschool home reports, log reports, report cards, and plan books.
- Performs related work as required.
Must have or be eligible for a current teaching license in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Holds a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with an endorsement as Middle School or Secondary Principal or is willing to complete a program leading to this endorsement within 3 years. (Preference may be given to an applicant with a Master’s Degree or with an endorsement as Middle School or Secondary Principal).
- Has successful experience as a teacher, administrator, or supervisor.
- Possesses leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, parents, teachers, administrators, and community.
The Dean reports to the Principal or the Principal’s designee.
Teacher Salary Scale plus Stipend $1236
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148