Candidate shall be able to provide daily tracking of hardware and software license and maintenance
contracts; gathers quotes for hardware and software buys, Maintains a 40 to 80 tape library by interfacing with other government organizations. Have responsibility for the administration of a medium size Windows based network segment.
Candidate shall have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of experience, to include:
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience in virtualization architecture and design;
- Leading small Sys Admin teams & managing work assignments;
- Managing a large, complex server environment;
- Security testing and risk mitigation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Building Linux server baselines;
- Building Linux workstation baselines;
- Hardening Linux server installations;
- Sun server hardware
- Writing UNIX/LINUX shell scripts;
- Patching UNIX/LINUX servers;
- Architecting, deploying, and managing large Unix/Linux networked environments including deployment
and management of NIS(+), LDAP, DNS, and NFS;
- Proven experience creating, implementing, and maintaining scripts for process automation, infrastructure
monitoring, and proactive reporting;
- Proven experience in all aspects of managing large Unix/Linux environment including the use of
- configuration management tools like Puppet and Chef for centralized management and configuration of
systems to enforce security controls
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles including Operating System hardening
- techniques; Ability to utilize analysis tools to resolve complex network, systems, and application
- performance problems; Experience working with server hardware in a datacenter;
- Experience with monitoring and configuration management tools including Puppet, Chef, and Nagios;
- Ability to provide explanations of complex technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to
both technical and non-technical audiences; Written and verbal communication skills; Troubleshooting skills.
Current Clearance – TS/SCI with Positive Customer Polygraph
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.