The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
We are currently seeking a Public Affairs Specialist III to be based out of Roswell, GA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents The Auto Club Group (ACG) and advocates its public affairs positions in assigned region(s).
- Assists management in the development, implementation, and administration of high profile public affairs programs and projects designed to promote ACG’s interests and image.
- Develops and maintains liaison activities with key regional constituents (e.g., law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies, schools, community service and safety organizations) and field management.
- Coordinates public affairs and product-related promotional programs in assigned region(s).
- Creates and maintains records and files and prepares reports for use in program tracking, review and planning.
- May assist in the creation and design of new programs and the development of program materials.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitors expenses.
- Participates in the dissemination of information regarding community outreach and safety issues.
- Promotes media coverage of projects and activities and acts as corporate spokesperson on traffic safety, legislative or other related matters.
- May act as regional liaison for field media activities.
- May serve as staff coordinator for AAA regional traffic safety committees and/or assist in specialized studies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Knowledge of:
- Traffic safety, roadway engineering concepts, and enforcement techniques
- Relevant traffic laws and traffic safety education
- Effective print and broadcast media techniques
Works in a temperature controlled office environment and also at outdoor activities throughout the year. Frequent (up to 75% of work time) travel required in order to conduct meetings, community programs, and to evaluate safety concerns, with exposure to temperature extremes and road hazards.
- Planning, developing, and delivering educational programs
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating community affairs programs and employee volunteer programs
- Organizing and planning special events
- Public speaking
- Effective public affairs strategies and tactics
- Relevant public and community affairs programs and issues
- Local and statewide community organizations and leadership roles
- Legislative and safety issues
Demonstrated skills in:
- Effectively serve as a credible Auto Club Group (ACG) representative to target audiences
- Prepare and conduct structured presentations to all levels of management and external groups
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment, with the public, and with the media
- Motivate and provide direction to employee volunteers
- Monitor budgets for various projects
- Work under pressure to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Represent the company at community functions
- Effectively use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher
- Managing multiple projects involving several groups within a geographic region effectively
- Analysis, problem-solving and report preparation for program (e.g., safety) development
- College level coursework in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintenance of a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to attain NHTSA certification as a child passenger safety technician.
- Ability to transport and operate audio-visual equipment/props weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, and to travel as required.
The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits packages including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, pension, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.