*** ATTENTION ***
THIS IS NOT A LIVE ON BOAT POSITION AND TEMPORARY HOUSING IS NOT AVAILABLE
WEPFER MARINE OPERATES HARBOR AND FLEETING SERVICES.
Deckhand Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Deckhands assist others on the vessel in preparing barges for the loading and discharging of products at ports across the inland waterway system.
- Deckhands build and break tow by using lines, wires, ratchets and stationary winches.
- Deckhands perform a variety of tasks which include but not limited to standard housekeeping duties, painting, chipping, transferring rigging, vessel and barge maintenance, midstream fuel transfers, cooking, assisting in making bridges and locks, etc. These duties are performed in all types of weather, day and night, while the vessel is underway.
- Deckhands must be capable of lifting or moving objects that are heavy and awkward.
- The standard work schedule for all deckhands are 12 hour shifts
- Must be familiar with Wepfer Marine, Inc. policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations, and must abide by them at all times as well as applicable laws, regulations, and other legal requirements.
- From time to time, perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Captain.
Applicants to live within a 30-45 minute commute from the worksite.
All applicants must:
- Have and maintain a valid Driver License
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successfully pass pre-employment screening including but not limited to drug and alcohol testing.
The physical work demand for this position are classified as very heavy work, during which the employee will exert 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force consistently to move objects when making tow or performing other tasks.
Wepfer Marine offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120.00 to $150.00 /day
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Calvert City, KY (Preferred)
- TWIC (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)