The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the foundation of community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than just a job—you’ll enjoy a career with the chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
YMCA Camp Ohiyesa's Photographer is responsible for capturing the magic of summer camp through photographs and videos. Daily photographs will be uploaded to our photo sharing software for parents to see and the photographer will work with the marketing department to continually update social media pages. This is a summer seasonal position that includes optional on-site housing and a weekly stipend. Please apply online or contact Matt Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) with interest.
- Capture all activity areas and cabin groups throughout each week.
- Be able to plan and execute a schedule to cover large area daily.
- Organize and sort media assets for future use.
- Edit images & upload to website for parent viewing.
- Manage camp social media pages (Facebook and Instagram).
- Create weekly slideshow for closing campfire ceremony
- Must be 18 years old and have one year of college or equivalent life experience.
- High school diploma or its equivalency required, college degree / relevant field experience preferred
- Experience with photography, focus on people and landscapes. Provide digital camera/video equipment.
- Experience editing and uploading photo/video.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit (“YMCA”) is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to be an inclusive and welcoming environment for all. The YMCA does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring or other terms or conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, ethnicity, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or application or any other basis protected by state, federal or other applicable law.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children in our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards. We require all staff to be screened regularly and sign a code of conduct. All staff will be monitored when interacting with
program participants. We take any inappropriate interactions between program
participants and with staff very seriously and will fully cooperate with
authorities in any case of abuse.