Full-time | Part-time | Contract
Full Job Description
Looking for a Contract Individual who will design, develop and test Excel macros for Financial Accounting use cases with Winshuttle’s Studio product. This project will last approximately 3-4 months. It is perfect for someone between projects or wanting to pick up freelance work. This role requires an individual to build high-quality, easy to understand, and fully functional Excel macros in software templates in compliance with coding standards and technical design for our default template library. This role requires professional-level skills and a full understanding of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for Microsoft Excel 2016 and 2019.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with product owner to review prototype macros and requirements to understand desired macro functionality.
- Provides macro design, coding, macro unit testing, and debugging for Financial Accounting macros in Microsoft Excel templates to be used with Winshuttle’s Studio product.
- Writes programs according to Agile stories and associated requirements specifications from the product owner, also ensuring high standard of product quality.
- Makes solution demos for problem solutions to use for knowledge transfer to Sales Solutions Engineering, Engineering, and Customer Support teams.
- Participates in performing code reviews of their software.
- Requires good understanding of Visual Basic for Application domain knowledge and co-relation with Microsoft Excel.
- To co-ordinate and communicate with global product management, program management, QA, technical support, and sales teams at various stages of product development.
- Should have Experience of working on JIRA User Story/Task
- 3+ years of development experience in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) – Should be able to write excel macros and unit test cases
- Experience of localization of software into German, French and Spanish is desirable
- Proficiency in Excel 2016, 2019
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming and SQL
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Software Development
- Basic understanding of .Net Programming
- Proven ability to effectively work with product owner, QA, technical writer, and customer support for software development projects
- Proven ability to understand the impact of technology on business challenges, processes, & efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to explain benefits of a technical product/solution to a client in relation to the client’s business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently and to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to translate technical information into easy to understand language for customers
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical information
- Demonstrated ability to compose clear and concise technical written communication
- BE/BTech/MCA/Equivalent degree in Computer Science or a related technical field from an accredited university 2+ years demonstrated experience and successful track record in architecting, designing and developing desktop / Web based applications and Add-in applications using Microsoft VBA and Office technologies
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results-oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload - makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – knows role and has a solid familiarity with tasks and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility for own learning - knows personal strengths and recognizes development needs. Is open to feedback and always seek to learn.
- Communicates ideas – strong facilitation and written communication, proposes a way forward. Listens to views of colleagues and takes in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares information fosters teamwork and contributes to positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence - acts with integrity and intent is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the PACT (People, Action, Continuous Learning, and Trust) values. Act as a good citizen of Winshuttle.
Please use this link to apply directly on our website:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract