WOW! Creative Director
Our studio sees our brands as living breathing entities. We combine design, image-making and perhaps, most importantly storytelling, to create brands that speak to our audience in a unique language. We have had remarkable success with our brands by being innovative, unique and putting design-thinking at the center of our process as a company. We are ambitious and passionate about building something that contributes to the cultural landscape. Our studio specializes in the creation of consumer goods brands in the beauty space.
We are looking for a Creative Director who is an experienced brand builder and team leader to join our Bushwick studio of 14 and growing. Work with Executive Creative Director to develop the team and challenge them to create their best work.
Our studio works across all mediums and platforms from graphic design to photography and video, working from concept to execution and production on the full range of assets that a consumer brand requires (print, digital, image, environment, promotional items/swag, print-making, packaging etc.)
YOUR WEAPONS OF CHOICE:
- An understanding of and experience creating and/or managing consumer facing brands.
- Ability to build strategies and execute the creative to support them.
- A grasp of the dynamic of how creative should "speak" to a certain audience and fluency with adapting creative to meet various audience profiles and/or business needs. Ability to translate consumer research and insights into effective creative strategies and designs.
- A robust knowledge of brand systems, typography, layout, history and movements in design and art.
- A rich cultural library both current and historical from which to draw inspiration and to teach and inspire a young team of Creatives with.
- Must genuinely enjoy working with others, collaborating and working as a team.
- Experience in building, leading and motivating a team to create their best work by nurturing, inspiring and also challenging.
- Passion and excitement about creating brands that are emotional and truly exciting.
- Typography nerds are always welcome.
Perhaps you are weary of the "watered down" effect. Perhaps you have seen one too many great ideas pushed to the side in favor of safe choices. Perhaps you'd like to work at a place where you'd have the ability to test if those great ideas are really great. We are a place that sees Creativity (with a capital C) as an indispensable life-source to a growing business.
TO CLARIFY WHO WE ARE:
Our corporate company is heatmakessense.com (site coming soon) we are sensestudio.nyc which is an in-house creative agency (as described above). And the three brands that we currently have under the HMS umbrella are loveamika.com eva-nyc.com and pythair.com
Send a note letting us know why you are well-suited for this role along with a portfolio of work and a resume.