Are you a proactive closer who can read people like a book and get to “Yes”? Do you use your natural ability to build relationships and persuade to make your money? Imagine a busy atmosphere and frequent changes plus a free flowing environment. PLM is looking for a lease buyer! Closers that can motivate a conversation, and someone who will have the administrative processes to support them for all the little details. If you enjoy a changing pace, focusing on the big picture and frequent conversation to tell a story apply for this position. Do you feel that you are the best deal closer throughout the Denver area? Let's talk.
Purple Land Management, LLC (“Purple”) is one of the nation’s largest tech-enabled provider of land services that negotiates the buying, selling, and leasing of mineral rights, determines and cures title, prepares mineral ownership reports, and performs other related services required for oil and gas operators to drill and produce wells. Overdrive, Purple’s proprietary software-as-a-service (“SaaS”), allows customers to track lease, well, and contract data in a web-based geographic information system (“GIS”) mapping platform powered by ESRI, a leader in GIS mapping software. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, and founded in 2010, Purple has the financial support of Satori Capital, a Texas-based multi-strategy investment firm founded upon the principles of conscious capitalism. Satori’s private equity business partners with leadership teams of companies that operate with a long-term perspective, commit to their mission or purpose, and create value for all stakeholders.
The company is seeking a Lease Buyer Landman to report to, and work directly with, the project management team in Denver, CO. The individual will be responsible for conducting lease negotiations with landowners in order to acquire leases and prepare for possible oil and natural gas production in the area where the property is located.
- Research county records to determine surface and mineral ownership by utilizing online databases or travel to the local county courthouse to review county records
- Analyze and document research results to select the relevant information to input into reports for submission to the client
- Meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities in an environment with shifting timeframes
- Contribute to other duties assigned by management and determined by business needs
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in acquisitions and negotiations
- Juris Doctorate or a degree in Energy Management may be substituted, but must accompanied with sufficient job-related experience
- Ability to meet specific deadlines, daily and weekly, based on current internal and client needs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management and clients (in writing and verbally)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel and Word
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required)*
- AAPL membership
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctorate
- Degree in Energy Management/Commerce
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Career Path: Opportunity for promotion based on performance and the team
Start Date: Immediately
Work Authorization: Candidates must already be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time