- High School or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
We insist on the highest standards. We work with the latest technology and innovative solutions. We train and develop the most talented, motivated teams around. We analyze, improve, and support initiatives that help drive continuous improvement. Join Amazon and become part of the team that gets stuff done in a fast-moving, fun environment.
Lead Fulfillment Associates hold various roles within the Fulfillment Center. There are several types of roles that hold different job-specific responsibilities including:
People person. Lead trainings and/or start of shift meetings to a group of 20+ associates. Maintains expert-level knowledge in at least two production departments; evaluates and improves processes within work areas; refines learning tools and techniques across the FC. Assists in measuring the effectiveness of learning; develops, maintains and applies learning to encourage associate development. Identifies areas for associate cross training and support and implements the training; supports the updating of SOPs and SOP certification of associates and managers. Giving and receiving effective feedback.
Data Analyst- ICQA:
Data enthusiast. You will work closely with the ICQA and operations teams in Inbound and Outbound to provide data and analytical support for ACES initiatives, root cause investigation of defects, and will provide support to ensure compliance to ICQA-related SoX requirements. Extensive use of computers and various web based programs. Assist Operations in building tools to help decision making through data. Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other process improvement initiatives in some capacity. Creation, communication and monitoring of inventory flow and/or scheduling.
Power connector. Maintaining the link between Corporate Retail Teams and the FC, as well as the reporting & re-escalation of tickets submitted to Retail, Vendor Management and Catalog. Plays an integral role in the RC by facilitating resolution or directly resolving problem items that cannot be received in the RC under the normal conditions of receiving. Responsible for the tactical and strategic handling of Retail Request Tickets submitted to them from Corporate.
Smooth operator. Helping support daily management of department duties, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties and communicating with internal and external suppliers. Escalates barriers to Operations leaders. Drives and executes standard work in the areas of Safety, Quality and Productivity to meet daily operational goals.
Dock star. Manage inbound flow from scheduling appointments to time of receives. Duties also include regular communication with carriers, the corporate transportation group, management and dock personnel. The Dock Clerk will be responsible for planning inbound arrivals, ensuring carrier compliance, managing buffers and leading dock personnel.
Mega monitor. Scheduling inbound deliveries in dock master using Advance Ship Notices. Duties also include regular communication with carriers, the corporate transportation group and receivers. Responsible for keeping an up to date knowledge of scheduled appointments, monitoring new releases and communicating with other departments, will also be responsible for training back-up clerks.
Super shipper. Correspond with multiple shipping companies and their contacts. Use multiple shipping company’s software to ship and track packages. Coordinate trailers to corresponding dock doors and cross docks using OMA tool. Ensure proper processes are followed with the Trailer Dock Release program
Non-Inventory Receive Clerk:
Non-Inventory guru. Work in a team environment with Procurement to administer the flow of non-inventory goods. Organize supplies, corrugate, safety equipment, and tools. Research missing shipments. Staging product in work areas. Operate PIT equipment to move goods. Use computer skills to track and receive non-inventory goods.
The Regulated Waste Coordinator
Functions as the lead for the Waste Program within the FC where product and hazardous waste sent for resale, donation, or disposal are properly managed in a manner compliant with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. The Regulated Waste Coordinator provides technical support and tactical execution of the Regulated Waste Procedure, and works in partnership with both Operations and the EHS Teams to maintain compliance while providing oversight over the waste process.
All role types will include:
Things to know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment Center:
- Performing production duties as needed: pick/pack orders, receive/stow product, ensure inventory accuracy, and unload/load trucks at or above the rate expectation for each task. Assisting in keeping work area clean and organized.
Related Military Occupational Specialties:
- We’re committed to providing a safe work environment. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch and recognize others for working safely.
- We have a relaxed, casual dress code (as long as your attire meets our safety requirements).
- We work to regulate our sites as much as possible, but even with climate controls the noise and temperature levels can vary day to day. Hearing protection is available.
- You may be asked to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet, or on powered equipment (forklift, cherry picker, etc.).
Army Career Field 88 (88M Motor Transport Operator, 88N Transportation Management Coordinator, etc.), 3531 Marine Corps Motor Vehicle Operator, EO Navy Equipment Operator and 2T1 Air Force Vehicle Operator.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- A completed Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of leadership experience directly managing others or one Peak as a Seasonal Tier 3
- 1+ year working in a like environment (manufacturing/distribution/warehousing/large retail)
- Experience with performance metrics and lean process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to coach, train and assist team members