Due to continued growth and expansion, HYDAC, a leading manufacturing in the fluid power industry is seeking to fill a Design Engineer position for our Cooling Systems Division. At HYDAC’s Charlotte area based technology and production center the candidate would be responsible for preforming the following duties:
- Work on projects assigned by the Engineering Manager / Application Engineers.
- Work on drafting projects including detail drawings, assembly drawings, schematics, etc.
- Prepare engineering documentation to support the proper disposition of drawings.
- Design new components and assemblies to satisfy specific customer requirements.
- Compile necessary data to facilitate design decisions.
- Interface with engineering lab to coordinate testing of prototypes.
- Interface with suppliers for information retrieval and component procurement.
- Process engineering documentation required for product design and revision.
- Interpret conceptual information for applications using engineering tools, P.C., CAD system.
- Prepare design related quality documentation – prototype control plans, production control plans, DFMEAs, PFMEAs, etc.
- Develop performance criteria for product test specifications.
- Check bills of material and original detail drawings for completeness, consistency, format and structure.
- Initiate, update, and maintain systems that will expedite product design.
- Troubleshoot production problems as they relate to engineering documentation and design.
- Modify and correct engineering documentation to correlate with current manufacturing and assembly methods.
- Research and authorize engineering deviations on supplier and in-house produced components.
- Perform engineering calculations for component design including stress, loading and performance criteria.
- Coordinate product and component qualifications, and design and verification testing related to existing product lines.
- Initiate designs and modifications for components to facilitate continuing product improvement.
- Coordinate unit performance and life testing.
- Develop and Maintain Engineering Standards.
- Perform material analysis for component design including strength of materials, loading, and stress calculations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
Qualification and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
- Solidworks Design Software.
- The successful candidate will have the following personality traits: Likeable, Ambitious, Unselfish, conscientious, responsive, detail oriented and have leadership skills.
Job Type: Full-time