- Minimum of 5 years of experience assisting at the executive level in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Experience with domestic and international travel coordination
Amazon Web Services is seeking an exceptionally talented and resourceful Executive Assistant to support leaders on the Edge Services team in Seattle, Washington. This is a high impact, high visibility position with the opportunity to be a part of history in the making. If you are ready to change the world, work hard and succeed, this position is right for you.
This position will report to the VP of Edge Services, and work closely with the senior leaders, facilitating key team activities and projects and tracking deliverables.
Responsibilities for this position will require that one thinks and plans ahead (around corners), prioritizes short and long term, and manages time not only effectively, but with style and grace. It requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and juggle multiple projects. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside of the company is important. Flexibility and the ability to change direction at a moment’s notice is crucial to this position. The successful candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations which require a quick turnaround, be able to take effective action without having to know the complete picture, and efficiently and proactively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the department or other related groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage complex calendar and scheduling for three executives
- Provide seamless support to these senior leaders using prioritization of business activities
- Manage space availability for the organization
- Coordinate travel (both domestic and international) and manage expense reporting
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Drive key team activities (such as staff meeting agendas, all hands meetings, supply ordering, and cyclical events such as annual planning sessions and performance reviews)
- Build relationships with assistants throughout the team and across the company
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structures, team objectives and adopt Amazon values and vision
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed
- Positive, proactive, very detail oriented and driven to succeed
- Creative approach to problem solving and event planning
- Certification in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.